Apply now for the ASSET STEM Scholarship Program.
We believe all students deserve a high quality STEM education. Unfortunately, budget constraints and resource limitations prevent schools and organizations from implementing, scaling and sustaining science, technology, engineering and math programs. ASSET launched the STEM Scholarship Program to equip under-resourced educators with proven instructional tools and resources, including professional development and hands-on STEM materials.
Click to Apply Now
PDF of Application Questions
- You will not be able to save your application and complete it at a later date. For your benefit, we recommend that you review the PDF of the application questions and fill out your answers in a Word document prior to completing the online application.
Please review the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) below for more information:
Who can apply for a STEM Scholarship?
- Any Pre-K—12 school district or education organization (in-school, out-of-school time, informal education settings, e.g. libraries) is eligible to apply. Preference is given to applicants with a high percentage of students on free/reduced price lunch, high levels of diversity and low proficiency on state assessments.
Can ASSET members apply?
- ASSET members can apply for professional development and/or materials in addition to those already included in their Membership Plan.
What services can we receive with a STEM Scholarship?
- Scholarships are solely for ASSET's proven programs, including professional development for educators and hands-on STEM materials for programs/classrooms.
When can we submit an application?
- ASSET periodically announces new application rounds via social media, press releases, e-blasts, and on the ASSET website. We encourage you to sign up for our e-newsletter and follow us on Facebook (ASSET STEM Education) and Twitter (@ASSETeducation) for updates.
What is the review/approval process?
- During open application cycles, applications and scholarships will be reviewed and awarded as received. Qualified organizations will be contacted to discuss their STEM education needs. Please reference the Application Form Rubric for a detailed overview of the selection criteria.
Can we submit more than one application?
- ASSET will only accept one application per district or organization. However, multiple schools, sites or programs may be included on the same district/organization application.
How can I help ASSET award Scholarships to more deserving schools and organizations?
- Please visit our supporters page to view giving levels and make a donation.
Do you still have questions? Please contact Lynne Hays at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-481-7320.