Engage in the Future: Engineering Workshop
Join ASSET STEM Education and SAE International for an in-depth professional learning program to bring STEM education to life. During this two-day workshop, educators in Pre-K through grade 8 will discuss ways to integrate engineering design and inquiry-based teaching into the classroom and preview hands-on activities from SAE International’s A World in Motion® (AWIM) program.
Beaver County, PA Session
Includes a tour of the nationally recognized School of Aviation Sciences
at Community College of Beaver County (CCBC)
October 21-22, 2019
8:30 am – 3:30 pm
Community College of Beaver County
1 Campus Drive
Monaca, PA 15061
Early Bird discount ends October 11, 2019!
Special Offers & Resources
- Attendees will be automatically entered into a raffle to win AWIM kits donated by SAE.
- Attendees will receive a 10% discount on AWIM kit orders placed during or within 30 days of the event.
- Save an additional 25% on AWIM kits when you engage a volunteer to help you administer the curriculum
- For educators who engage a volunteer, this discount can be combined with the above 10% special offer for a total discount of 35% applied to orders.
- Resources to secure funding
- Sample grant application questions and answers
Day 1 — Foundation
Day 2 — Breakout Groups
Core Concepts: Gravity, energy, friction, momentum, mass, velocity, and acceleration
Literature Piece: ‘The Three Little Pigs Sledding Adventure’ explores how different sled materials affects three pigs’ ability to outfox the Big Bad Wolf.
Core Concepts: Gravity, potential and kinetic energy, and inclined planes
Literature Piece: ‘Malarkey and the Big Trap’introduces students to the design process as a lazy cat attempts to catch a mouse.
Core Concepts: Potential and kinetic energy, friction, inertia, momentum, diameter, circumference, measurement, and graphing
Core Concepts: Force and motion and the effects of weight and lift
Core Concepts: The Internet, nodes and packets, TCP/IP, cybersecurity, encryption, decryption and keys