The Weather and Sky Module provides young learners with the opportunities to predict and record observations of the day and night skies. Students compare and contrast their observations to recognize patterns. Students are introduced to four main weather features: temperature, wind, precipitation, and cloud cover. Observations are made and recorded using a class weather pocket chart and weather cards while also using adjectives to describe temperature. Students complete the module with a solid foundation about the weather, as well as the knowledge to help keep them safe during inclement weather.
During this course, participants will:
- Engage in three-dimensional learning for developing disciplinary core ideas, science and engineering practices, and cross cutting concepts
- Participate as an adult learner to experience investigations and science and engineering content
- Share teaching strategies to support literacy and inquiry-based learning
- Identify the learning goals in the module and how the investigations support the Big Ideas
- Examine assessment opportunities
- Develop notebook as a resource
COURSE IS AVAILABLE IN PERSON AND VIRTUALLY. Please specify your preference when registering.