During the Space Systems Exploration unit, students develop and use models to investigate the interactions of the Sun-Earth-Moon system. They also analyze and interpret data to become more familiar with the celestial bodies that compose these systems. Students use evidence and scientific reasoning throughout the unit to construct scientific explanations about space science phenomena.
During this course, participants will:
- Engage in three-dimensional learning for developing disciplinary core ideas, science and engineering practices, and cross cutting concepts
- Participate as an adult learner to experience investigations and science and engineering content
- Share teaching strategies to support literacy and inquiry-based learning
- Identify the learning goals in the module and how the investigations support the Big Ideas
- Examine assessment opportunities
- Develop notebook as a resource