My Senses (BBS), provides students with inquiry-based activities and experiences that build upon one another using the five senses.
In the module, My Senses, students investigate vocabulary through song, hand movements, and dramatization, which helps them retain vocabulary concepts while building descriptive language. Students make predictions, document findings, and explain reasoning through class discussions and science notebooking opportunities. Students utilize simple equipment to enhance their senses and are encouraged to embrace science as a human endeavor while exploring different jobs that focus on specialization of the five senses.
During this course, participants will:
- Engage in three-dimensional learning for developing disciplinary core ideas, science and engineering practices, and cross cutting concepts
- Participate as an adult learner to experience investigations and science and engineering content
- Share teaching strategies to support literacy and inquiry-based learning
- Identify the learning goals in the module and how the investigations support the Big Ideas
- Examine assessment opportunities
- Develop notebook as a resource
COURSE IS AVAILABLE IN PERSON AND VIRTUALLY. Please specify your preference when registering.