Students observe and maintain protists, plants and animals in the classroom and study their characteristic features. The study progresses from macroscopic to microscopic observation to discover the fundamental unit of life, the cell. Students then investigate organism subsystems and behaviors and consider their diversity of adaptive structures and strategies.
During this course, participants will:
- Engage in three-dimensional learning for developing disciplinary core ideas, science and engineering practices, and cross cutting concepts
- Participate as an adult learner to experience investigations and science and engineering content
- Share teaching strategies to support literacy and inquiry-based learning
- Identify the learning goals in the module and how the investigations support the Big Ideas
- Examine assessment opportunities
- Develop notebook as a resource