Best of Bugs is a Life Science module where students explore and discuss the field of agricultural engineering, the role of insects in the natural system of pollination, and the technologies of hand pollination and Integrate Pest Management (IPM).
During this course, participants will:
- Engage in three-dimensional learning for developing disciplinary core ideas, science and engineering practices, and cross cutting concepts
- Participate as an adult learner to experience investigations and science and engineering content
- Share teaching strategies to support literacy and inquiry-based learning
- Identify the learning goals in the module and how the investigations support the Big Ideas
- Examine assessment opportunities
- Develop notebook as a resource