An Alarming Idea is a Physical Science module where students explore and discuss the connections between the science of electricity and the field of electrical engineering. Science concepts concerning electricity, energy, and circuits are reinforced with hands-on activities, discussions, and readings focus on electrical engineering and the Engineering Design Process.
During this course, participants will:
- Engage in three-dimensional learning for developing disciplinary core ideas, science and engineering practices, and cross cutting concepts
- Participate as an adult learner to experience investigations and science and engineering content
- Share teaching strategies to support literacy and inquiry-based learning
- Identify the learning goals in the module and how the investigations support the Big Ideas
- Examine assessment opportunities
- Develop notebook as a resource