Never Stop Learning. Never Stop Growing.
At ASSET, our mission is to advance teaching and learning to engage, inspire and empower all students.
We will equip educators with effective tools and strategies to create innovative and relevant learning environments so all students acquire the knowledge and skills needed to work, live and contribute in a global community.
We will not settle for average.
This is our hands-on formula for success.
Core Values (What We Believe)
- All students can learn and deserve a highly effective teacher every year.
- Every teacher deserves access to standards-aligned curriculum materials and ongoing professional development to become highly effective.
- Teachers are the targets and agents of change.
- Teachers teaching teachers builds capacity, professionalism and perspective.
- A culture of openness cultivates a continuous learning environment.
- Encouraging collaboration facilitates learning and leadership.
- Increasing the capacity of school systems to strengthen science education is vital.
- Sharing resources and engaging partners builds opportunity, ownership and expertise.
What We've Learned
- Teacher effectiveness drives student achievement.
- Ongoing teacher professional development is vital to continuously improving teaching and learning.
- When teachers are learning, students are learning.
- Science is an ideal entry point for students to explore their surroundings, ask questions, collect and analyze data, think critically and apply their learning to new situations and academic areas.
- Research and development is integral to providing teachers with new opportunities to continuously improve their craft.
- Changing teaching culture takes time.
- Patience, persistence, flexibility and adaptability are vital to success.
- High-quality evaluation and constructive feedback are key to continuous improvement.