Welcome to the Building
Blocks of STEM Education.
The ASSET Formula
We support schools in implementing five essential components identified by the National Science Resources Center (NSRC) for sustaining quality standards-based science education programs.
The Five Components
- Curriculum Materials Research-based science curriculum materials that are aligned with state and national education standards
- Ongoing Professional Development Programs and courses that prepare educators to teach inquiry-centered STEM subjects and consider professional growth to be a long-term process
- Materials Support Cost-effective systems for supplying science equipment and materials to classrooms
- Assessment Strategies that align the evaluation of student performance with the goals of an inquiry-centered science program
- Community/Administrative Involvement Strategies for building and sustaining district and community support
Teacher-Focused Enhancements = ASSET's Added Value.
ASSET goes above and beyond implementation of the NSRC's five essential components, focusing on teachers as the targets and agents of change. ASSET employs the following enhancements as part of its model:
- Teachers Teaching Teachers creates a supportive and credible network for ongoing learning, as well as leads to continuous improvement of teaching practice.
- Lead Teacher Development cultivates a pathway from classroom teacher to lead teacher and provides teachers with an opportunity to play a leadership role in advancing professional development.
- Teacher-driven Research and Development collaboration results in new products and services that empower teachers to continuously advance the teaching and learning process.